Why Choose Walney School
Walney School is an 11-16, co-educational comprehensive school with Engineering College Status and serves the island of Walney, Barrow Island and Barrow-in-Furness.
We make a clear statement through our Equal Opportunities Policy that every youngster of whatever ability, class, religion or race has unique needs and is of equal value.
We have approximately 700 youngsters housed in a modern and well maintained school. Although this number may appear large when compared to a Primary School, our tutor and pastoral care system enables every youngster to be listened to and valued. Values based on good teaching, organisation and discipline within a secure and caring environment.
- Very close links between home, school and the community.
- Termly News Letters.
- A detailed Record of Achievement and formal consultation evenings; individual interviews at any time.
- Active School / Community involvement.
- Frequent engagement with the members of the community to enrich children’s learning.
- An active programme of enterprise involvement.
- Drama Productions, Music lessons, School Council, STEM clubs.
- Sports clubs and teams, Science club, Film club, Choir.
- Regular study visits to France and Germany.
- Geography field trips to places of interest within the local area
- Work experience for all year 10 students.
- Opportunities for study visits Close working with all Furness Partners
- Skiing trips.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) Activities.
- Sports competitions.